IntroductionIn a few days, you will be joining IIT Dharwad and we can understand your excitement! While you spend these days contemplating whether you've made the right decision, we've compiled a primer to help address some of your queries and ease the process of joining. Some of you might have already gotten in contact with a few seniors in this regard. The Student Mentor Program has set up this website to ensure that this help is extended to everyone.
Things to bring
- Buckets, mugs, pillows, mattresses and other basic items are sold on campus during the first few days.
- Bring a warm blanket as winters here can get a bit chilly. Some warm clothing is also recommended.
- Laptop is not required for the first semester (but better to bring along because it is the best time to enjoy and learn ;).
- Also don't forget to bring your umbrellas and raincoats as it rains plenty here.
- If you have a bicycle, feel free to bring it. However, you can always buy a new one from Dharwad at a decent price.
- Do bring normal footwear like slippers/sandals. Sports shoes and socks would be required for NSO. Do bring your studs for football.
- Finally, do bring an extension board/spike guard, as you might have access to only a single electrical socket.
How to reach campus?IIT Dharwad is currently functioning from the transit campus within the Water and Land Management Institute(WALMI) which lies on NH 48 (PB Road) in Belur, 13 kilometers from the heart of Dharwad city, towards Belgaum.
- If you do get down at Hubballi airport, avoid taking the cabs at the airport; they charge way too much and you won’t really get any Taxi Cab service here. We suggest that you just walk out of the airport campus, and you will find plenty of buses going towards Dharwad which is cheaper.
- If you travel by a train and get down at Hubbali Jn., take a Chigari (BRTS) bus from the station to reach Dharwad New Bus Stand. It is a one-hour journey from Hubbali Jn. to Dharwad New Bus Stop. From there, you could take another city bus or a tum-tum to reach the campus.
- If you get down at Dharwad Railway Station, take a city bus to reach CBT or Jubilee Circle, from where you could catch another city bus to reach the campus.
From Dharwad to the campus:
5N (green coloured bus to Belur),
Blue/white coloured bus to Kotur,
Blue/white or red coloured bus to High Court
Please ask for the stop at High Court (which is adjacent to the IIT Dharwad Campus)